Friday, March 18, 2011

And the Diagnosis is...

I have this incredibly annoying quality about me where I feel like I can control people's health. It's utterly absurd, I'm not a doctor, but I still feel compelled to drive my loved ones nuts with diagnosing them. I am constantly looking my loved ones over to find a medical ailment that I can correct them on - can you even imagine how annoying that is?!
I have managed to diagnose cancer, deadly staff infections, ovarian cysts, skin cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure, and alcoholism. Not to mention the endless diseases I have magically diagnosed my dogs with (Wobblers disease, tumors, broken legs, hip dysplasia, etc...). None of have been confirmed.
When I notice it getting worse, I take a moment for myself - this consists of taking a long deep breath, and saying "Tomorrow is never promised, just enjoy today". For some reason, this calms my mind from the deadly diseases I feel plague my darling loved ones. 
I think there is something to be said for acknowledging that tomorrow is never promised. Wouldn't we forgive easier and love deeper if we thought today would be our last? I think if we remember how precious life is, and how truly short it is on a regular basis, we can just allow ourselves to live without fear and shame.
Maybe my diagnosis's come from a place of love, but I would rather practice that love by living exuberantly, instead of waiting for the day that someone dies or trying to prevent it from happening.
So take a deep breath with me. *SIGH* "TOMORROW IS NEVER PROMISED, JUST ENJOY TODAY" And remember how wonderful your surroundings are and how brilliant the people in your life are. Smile and go live your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment