Friday, April 1, 2011

Comfortable At Last!

For so many years I have attempted to behave in a manner that seemed appropriate to fit in with whatever crowd I was surrounded by. It always seemed like I was saying, dressing, and acting the way the people wanted me to speak, look, and behave to make THEM feel comfortable.
Then, magically, something happened. I decided to just live my own damn life - no holds barred, no questions asked. Wear what I want. Say what I want. Do what I want. Overnight I was comfortable in my own skin - something I had never really felt before. I felt empowered by myself - this new ability to tune out what the world expected from me and just rely on what my heart told me to do.
My heart tells me to be kind to everyone around me, person and animal alike. My heart tells me its OK to wear costumes, dance in public, sing out loud, twirl in a circle for no good reason (if you haven't twirled, you really should give it a try - it will certainly bring a smile to you face), and love myself. It feels incredible to know that I will always be loved by me. I am an incredible woman, with plenty of fabulous flaws that are entirely relatable. I am just the woman I have always wanted to be - free to express myself and open to all the possibilities this wonderful life brings my way.
It's feels good to be comfortable in my own skin - with all my strange ways and thoughts and ideals, that's what makes me so terribly special.

2 comments:

  1. No arguments here, agree with everything you said (especially the you being an incredible woman part). So glad you "live your own damn life" and won't take any shit for it. In the words of Cartman: Whateva, I do what I want!! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes some people a long time to get to this point in thier life. I have risen to the occasion! I love living life how I want and not what others Want! Life is really beautiful if you make it that way and think that way.
    Tammy D

    ReplyDelete