Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Unexpected Surprises

I received the most beautiful card in the mail on Saturday, that said, "Faith, You are LOVED! You are amazing". Naturally this brought a HUGE smile to my face for hours. I couldn't help but think, who wrote this magical little note. And how wonderful that they addressed me by my name, obviously this wasn't a mistake. This person thinks I am amazing, and what a wonderful reminder to be told that I am loved.
After some Nancy Drew work, I realized who sent it. I must say, I was surprised. Not because this person isn't thoughtful, but because she had a particularly hard week when she mailed it to me. The fact that she was able to step outside of her current struggles to acknowledge her friends really inspired me. It made me realize that no matter how hard our life is and the crap we are dealing with, we should always make time for the special people in our life.
I didn't want to call her and tell her how this note touched my heart. Instead, I went to the store and picked up a card. I cut out pictures of our faces and taped it on the front and wrote a personalized note inside. I mailed it yesterday - I can't wait until she receives it in the mail. I hope that it brings her a smile like she did for me.
When I told my friend Sandeep about this magical little note, he said, "It's the unexpected Surprises that are the best", I must admit that he is right. I think I will carry on her tradition by sending people anonymous little notes filled with love and magic. We all deserve to have unexpected surprises!

1 comment:

  1. This is great, so looking forward to reading your insights! You nailed it perfectly. Wish we all spent as much time with the special people in our lives as we wished we could. Especially sad when you think of all the people who hate their jobs and how much time they spend with that :^)

    ReplyDelete